Thursday, October 4, 2018

WHY (A 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Post)

Why?  Why me?  That's the typical reaction many people have when life starts handing them lemons.

I spent the beginning of the year fighting plantar fasciitis.  I could hardly walk, but I worked it out.  Now I'm dealing with my traitorous knee.  I got a cortisone injection yesterday, so it's feeling a lot better, but I'm facing knee replacement surgery in January.  Oh my.  No more running.  No more downhill skiing.  That's going to take a major mental adjustment, because those things are part of my identity.  I'll have to think about myself differently.  Why me?

But, because of these lemons life handed me this year, I haven't been able to walk naturally or ride my bike comfortably.  I've only gone sailing once this summer because I haven't been able to trust my knee, and hence, my balance.  Those are all part of my identity, too.  Once I get past the surgery and recovery, they'll be mine again!  So YAY me!

So, why me?  Well, why NOT me?  I'm nobody special.  We all have our challenges, and these are mine right now, and I'll get through it.  What doesn't kill me makes me stronger, right?

-----------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  Today's writing prompt was "WHY."  For more information on the challenge click here.

3 comments:

  1. My developer is trying to convince me to move to .net from
    PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress on several
    websites for about a year and am concerned
    about switching to another platform. I have heard good things about blogengine.net.
    Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off I want to say fantastic blog! I had a quick
    question in which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear your mind before writing.
    I have had a difficult time clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out there.

    I do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to
    15 minutes tend to be wasted simply just trying to figure
    out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your positive attitude! You don't have to look far to find someone who would kill to be in your shoes (whose life is so much worse than yours) so it is great that you can find the silver lining to the knee situation.

    ReplyDelete