Monday, October 29, 2018

BRIEF (A 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Post)

Today's word is BRIEF.

I was talking to one of my writing friends about today's word, and I told her that when I hear the word "brief," a dumb saying always pops into my head:

          "Old lawyers never die, they just lose their briefs!"

Yeah, I know.  Pretty bad.

But it's good to KISS - Keep It Short and Sweet.

Great advice, especially for a blog.  Nobody wants to spend a long time reading a blog post.  The five-minute free writing challenge is great for keeping things a manageable length.  I have to admit that five minutes goes awfully fast, but it forces me to stay on task, focus, think, and make quick decisions.  No dilly-dallying!

And now my time is up.  This was definitely brief!

-----------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  Today's writing prompt was for Five Minute Friday, "BRIEF."  For more information on the challenge click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment