Sunday, October 7, 2018

BELONG (A 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Post)

Everyone needs to belong.  That's how civilization began - people banding together to help the group.  If you didn't belong, it was difficult to survive.  Even introverts like me want to belong, but sometimes it's hard to figure out how to get to that point.

When I was in high school, I joined extracurricular clubs.  I  joined, but I didn't necessarily feel like I belonged.  Oh, I belonged in the nerdy ones - like Spanish club, but in the clubs that the "in" crowd belonged to, I felt, well, shoved aside. 

Adulting is a massive improvement!  I belong to several groups - church choir, knitting, dinner out, crocheting, shooting, volunteering.  Belonging - what a concept!  I guess it's just a matter of finding your niche and your peeps.  YAY adulting!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  Today's writing prompt was for Five Minute Friday, "BELONG."  For more information on the challenge click here.

1 comment:

  1. It does seem easier to join and get the sense of belonging now that we are adults. You realize that you can give a group a try and if they don't welcome you with open arms you never have to go back. It's great when you meet a group and fit right away and feel like you've known them forever. I am blessed to have found several groups where I feel like I belong.

    ReplyDelete