Saturday, October 20, 2018

ASK (A 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Post)

Do you have trouble asking?  I know I've struggled with this, but I'm better than I was - yay me!

I had trouble asking questions in school.  I hated speaking in class for any reason, and asking questions was embarrassing.  I didn't do well asking for help, either.  The Boy refused to ask for help
from his teachers and professors until it was too late.  Poor guy is like me.  The Girl, however, asked for help as soon as she started to have trouble.  She must have gotten it from That Man. 


I even had trouble asking for things I wanted when I was younger.  I remember my parents asked me what I wanted for my birthday my freshman year in college.  I know what I wanted was a stereo system for my dorm room.  I don't remember what I said I wanted, but Mom asked, "Don't you want a stereo?"  (Pay attention, kids - see how smart parents really are?)  I said yeah, but I didn't think they'd buy me one. 

Well, the old folks came through and got me the stereo (with a turntable, AM/FM receiver, an 8-track tape player, and big ol' Koss headphones - so groovy, ha ha!).

Ask, and ye shall receive.  Have a look at Matthew 7:7-11.

-----------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  Today's writing prompt was for Five Minute Friday, "ASK."  For more information on the challenge click here.

3 comments:

  1. I never liked asking either...wanted to be an invisible wall flower. Roamed the halls of EMHS tonight...not the same at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I know this is kind of off-topic however
    I had to ask. Does managing a well-established website such as yours take a massive
    amount work? I am completely new to running a blog but I do write in my journal every
    day. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my experience and
    feelings online. Please let me know if you have any recommendations or tips for new aspiring bloggers.
    Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! You ASKED for help! Good for you!

      Seriously, I don't know that I'm such a great blogger. I just jumped in and got started. I found a platform (Blogger) that was free, played with it a little and started making posts.

      If you look at my post history, you'll see there have been big gaps here and there, so I wasn't (and often still am not) very consistent.

      I started writing about things that I noticed, and things that were going on in my life - journaling!!!

      So you are already well on your way. All you have to do is pick a platform and start using it! Don't worry about getting fancy with the site. Just write. Then, when you wonder, "How do I do ___?" or "I wonder whether I could ___?" you look at HELP or Google your question and figure it out. I built this site one tiny step at a time.

      Just do it!

      Delete