Monday, October 29, 2018

MOMENT (A Five-Minute Friday Post)

Before I get started on today's word, please, please, PLEASE forgive me for changing the comments settings so they now require a word recognition box before a comment can be submitted.  I've been getting a LOT of robot and spam messages as comments, so I felt I had to take that step, and I hate it.  I know it can be kind of off-putting to type in those silly words, but it is what it is - UGH.  I apologize.

Here we go!

Can we all just take a moment?

Relax?

Wind down?

Loosen up?

Calm down?

Unbend?

Simmer down?

Collect ourselves?

It only takes a moment to stop and take a short break.  Sometimes that's all that's required.  Just a little time away.  Get up, get out, and take a walk.  

Or lie down and take a nap.  When was the last time you took a nap?  

I took a solo vacation to Cocoa Beach (one of my favorite places).  I had been at the beach all morning, had a great lunch, and now it was mid-afternoon, and I was TIRED.  I sighed and thought, "Oh, I wish I could take a nap!"

Suddenly, a light switched on in my brain.  DUH!  Why NOT?  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  Nobody was going to stop me.  I wasn't at work - I was ON VACATION.  I could DO WHAT I WANTED.  I COULD take a nap!

So I did.

------------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the Five-Minute Friday link-up.  Today's writing prompt was "MOMENT."  For more information on Five-Minute Friday, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment