Wednesday, October 10, 2018

HOPE (A 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Post)

This is one of my favorite hymns:

 "My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus'  blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name."

Refrain:
"On Christ the solid rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand."

"When darkness veils his lovely face,
I rest on his unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil"

Refrain

"His oath, his covenant, his blood
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay."

Refrain

"When he shall come with trumpet sound,
O may I then in him be found!
Dressed in his righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne!"

Refrain

That Girl has recently found a new church to attend, and after her first service there, she told me they sang this really great hymn and she couldn't stop thinking about it.  Guess which hymn?

Maybe it's the sailor in me, but I like the concrete images of the rock, the sand, the storm, the flood, and the anchor holding through it all.  It makes me think about the devastation caused by hurricanes Florence and Michael. 

What better metaphor for the storms of life, both spiritual and physical? 

What better illustration of hope?

-----------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  Today's writing prompt was for Five Minute Friday, "HOPE."  For more information on the challenge click here.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you. This was re-affirming today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you
    make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
    Plz respond as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to know where u got
    this from. kudos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a boilerplate theme from right here on the Blogger website. All do-it-yourself, and really easy. Good luck!

      Delete