Thursday, October 18, 2018

DOOR (A 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Post)

Another tough one.  UGH.  Well, here goes...

I've been trying to open more friendship doors lately.  I've never been that good at initiating friendships, but I'm working at being more open to the opportunities that present themselves.

I belong to a couple of MeetUp groups - one is a weekly knitting/crocheting get-together, and the other is a dinner group.  I belong to a group that tries to follow FlyLady's system to keep our homes in some semblance of order.  A friend from that group introduced me to a weekly writer's group, and two monthly knitting/crocheting groups.  There's a monthly dinner with people I used to work with and a group of ladies I shoot with twice a month.  I make an effort to have lunch with different people.

I'm making an effort to keep the door open to friendships with people I otherwise may have let go from laziness or fear of seeming pushy.  I mean, who cares if some people think you're pushy?  If they do, then you can let them go without dwelling on it; it wasn't' meant to be.

The important thing is to keep that door open so you don't miss out on deeper relationships.

-----------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  Today's writing prompt was for Five Minute Friday, "DOOR."  For more information on the challenge click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment