Wednesday, October 31, 2018

SONG (A 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Post)

You've probably noticed how often these writing prompts remind me of songs.

Music and singing have been one of the constants in my life.  There are the hymns in church.  My family always sang in the church choir, and I still do.  Dad also sang in men's groups, including the Indianapolis Scottish Rite Chorus, and sang solos.  All three of us sisters had piano lessons.  Two of us took violin lessons.  At home, Mom played the radio all day.  I play handbells in church.  My grandfather used to sing Gay Nineties songs to us that his father sang to him.  I sing oldies in the car (at top volume!).

I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
(Psalm 104:33 NIV)

-----------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  Today's writing prompt was "SONG."  For more information on the challenge click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment