Monday, October 29, 2018

CAPTURE (A 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Post)

Oh boy.  How do you capture ideas for writing?

Sometimes it's like herding cats, especially when a whole bunch of ideas stampedes through my brain!  I write them down as fast as I can, but they slip through my fingers like sand.  UGH.  At least I'm usually able to keep hold of a few.

Sometimes, I can't find them at all.  That's when I set the timer and just start writing about anything, or nothing, or how I can't conjure up anything to write.

The 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes has been helpful.  Just grab a word and see what pops into your brain.  After October ends, I think I'll come up with my own list of words, and then write down ideas as fast as I can!

Maybe I'll be able to capture a few.

-----------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the 31-Days of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  Today's writing prompt was for Five Minute Friday, "CAPTURE."  For more information on the challenge click here.

2 comments:

  1. Have you friends suggest 3 or 4 apiece. Keep a very, very small note book in your purse and when an idea hits you, write it in the book. Make a generous notation, though, 'cause sometimes later a stingy one won't make sense. Ask me how I know? Wink-wink!

    ReplyDelete