Monday, October 15, 2018

HOW (A 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Post)

Here's another tough one!

HOW can I write for five minutes about "HOW?"  Hmmmm...

I don't know.

This reminds me of something I read recently.  The article (don't ask me where I read it or who wrote it - I can't remember!) talked about the difference between being successful and moving forward and failing and being stuck.  Its premise was that people who get stuck when they come up against roadblocks and discouragement say, "I can't ____," while people who are able to move forward under similar circumstances say, "How can I ____?"

So HOW is a liberating, progressive, forward-thinking word that can help us avoid the "poor me" victim mentality, get up off our behinds, and figure it out!

What a concept!

-----------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  Today's writing prompt was for Five Minute Friday, "HOW."  For more information on the challenge click here.

1 comment:

  1. How do you do that?
    We start with a word and nothing to say about it and then poof five minutes later, we are done. Love the deadline and the lack of time it requires. It is so freeing knowing it doesn't have to be perfect, and honestly can be done in 5 minutes.
    Glad you are doing this with me. It helps to know I'm not the only one who struggles to find anything to write about some of these words.

    ReplyDelete