Sunday, October 28, 2018

START (A 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Post)

I've recently had a couple of commenters on my blog ask how I got my blog set up and how I started writing.  ME!  People are asking ME for advice! 

I am FAR from an expert, but here's how I got started.

For years (well, decades, actually), I journaled and wrote (and wrote, and wrote, and wrote) in spiral notebooks.  About anything.  About everything.  Whatever I was thinking about at the time.  Sometimes about nothing, really.  But for me, the physical feeling of putting pen to paper is soothing. 

And I read (and read, and read, read).  All kinds of stuff.  Novels, poetry, magazines, newspapers, biographies, memoirs, sci-fi, fantasy, history.  Anything.  Everything (well, almost - I do have limits).

Then I heard about blogs.  What a concept!

So I read about them a little, chose a platform (Blogger, obviously!), and just started with the basics.  I came up with a name, chose a page design from the standard ones provided, and started writing posts about any old thing.  Just like my journals.  When I wanted to do something new, I look under Help or Google it.  I didn't learn how to schedule posts until earlier this year - DUH!

But if you want to get started, just jump in and START!

-----------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  Today's writing prompt was for Five Minute Friday, "START."  For more information on the challenge click here.

4 comments:

  1. Its such as you read my mind! You appear to understand a lot about
    this, such as you wrote the ebook in it or something.
    I think that you simply can do with some percent to drive the message house a bit,
    but other than that, this is fantastic blog. A great read.
    I'll definitely be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this site.
    I'm hoping to check out the same high-grade content by you in the future as well.
    In fact, your creative writing abilities has motivated
    me to get my own site now ;)

    ReplyDelete