Thursday, October 25, 2018

AUDIENCE (A 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Post)

How willing are you go get up in front of an audience? 

Most people rank public speaking right up there along with death as one of their greatest fears.  Me too!  Getting up in front of a group of people and speak petrifies me, although I've done it, and I'm much better than I used to be, thanks to my job.  Not that I did it a lot, but there were times I had to get up in front of a roomful of people and give a talk, answer random questions, teach a concept, or speak extemporaneously.  I was never really comfortable with those scenarios.

However, give me a role in a play...

I was in several productions in high school and a couple in college.  Give me a script and a character, and I'm fine!  After all, it's not ME up there, it's the character.  I don't have to come up with what to say because the words have been provided for me.  I don't have to figure out where to go because all my moves were choreographed during blocking.  Because of the lights, I couldn't see the audience beyond the first row or two of the center section, so I didn't have to look at all those eyes watching me.

Find your audience!  All the world's a stage!

-----------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  Today's writing prompt was for Five Minute Friday, "AUDIENCE."  For more information on the challenge click here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading your blog
    posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with
    the same topics? Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally I don't read post on blogs, but I would like to say
    that this write-up very compelled me to check out and do
    it! Your writing taste has been amazed me.
    Thank you, very nice post.

    ReplyDelete