Sunday, October 28, 2018

HELP (A 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Post)

Help!  I need somebody,
Help!  Not just anybody,
Help!  You know I need someone.

Help!

When I was younger, so much younger than today,
I never needed anybody's help in any way.
But now these days are gone, I'm not so self-assured,
Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors.

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being round.
Help me get my feet back on the ground,
Won't you please, please help me.

And now my life has changed in oh, so many ways,
My independence seems to vanish in the haze.
But every now and then I feel so insecure, 

I know that I just need you like I've never done before.

     --The Beatles (Lennon-McCartney)


Today's word is HELP, and it's kind of a continuation of the earlier posts for ASK and START.  I wrote how some commenters have asked me how to start blogging.

To get help, you have to ask.  And it's hard.  As in The Beatles song above, when you're young, you often feel like you don't need anyone, and your independence is the most important thing there is.  That's just part of separating from your parents, and it's a normal part of becoming an adult - sort of.

A REAL adult realizes that it's okay to be independent, but there are times when you're going to need help.  There are people in your life who will be happy to help if you just express that need.  

For example, in January, I'm having knee replacement surgery, and I'm going to be less mobile for several weeks.  My church's women's organization is having an event in February, and I said I didn't know whether I'd be allowed to drive by then, and so wasn't sure I'd be able to attend.  The ladies in my group all jumped in and said they'd make sure I'd be able to get there.  Someone will drive me if I can't drive myself.  Now, stupid me, I never even thought of that possibility!  DUH!  

Apparently, I'm still learning myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the 31-Day of Five Minute Free Writes challenge link-up.  Today's writing prompt was for Five Minute Friday, "HELP."  For more information on the challenge click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment