Friday, July 20, 2018

WAY (A Five-Minute Friday Post)

This week's prompt is "WAY."

You know, this word just doesn't resonate with me at all.  I got nuthin'!  I don't know.  There's just not a lot that strikes me about the word "way."

How about "My way or the highway," or "I did it my way"?

Now, if I were in junior high or high school, when I was deep into Youth Fellowship at church, there would be no problem.  At that time, the Christian mantra was "One Way!"  Everything was about One Way.  There was even a song that essentially just repeated the phrase over and over.

The next thing that comes to mind is an old song:

"Show me the way to go home.
I'm tired and I wanna go to bed.
I had a little drink about an hour ago
And it went right to my head..."

Ahem.

THAT'S a 180-degree shift!

No deep thoughts here this time.  Sorry!

That's just the WAY it is!

--------------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the Five-Minute Friday link-up.  Today's writing prompt was "WAY."  For more information on Five-Minute Friday, click here.

2 comments:

  1. I love that song lyrics are what came to your mind! I didn't realise there were so many songs with the word way! Lots of tunes going round in my head now! Visiting from FMF #13.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did better than I did. Some words are much harder than others. FMF #51 this week.

    ReplyDelete