Saturday, July 28, 2018

THIRTEEN (A Five-Minute Friday Post)

The first thing that comes to mind when I hear “THIRTEEN” is Friday the thirteenth, but I don’t think of thirteen as unlucky.  I’ve always thought of it as “lucky thirteen,” maybe because when I was growing up on the south side of Indianapolis, the cool radio station was WIFE, “Lucky Thirteen,” 1310 on the AM dial.  The DJs were our celebrities and heroes.

On another note, my mom told me about her close association with the number thirteen.  I knew her birthday was December 13, so obviously she turned 13 on the thirteenth.  But, when she was thirteen, her homeroom at school was room 13.  And I was born two days before my parents’ thirteenth wedding anniversary.

So the number thirteen has been a good sign in my family, and I call it my lucky number!

--------------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the Five-Minute Friday link-up.  Today's writing prompt was "THIRTEEN."  For more information on Five-Minute Friday, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment