Saturday, July 7, 2018

Book Review: Wolf Master of Iron Mountain

I was asked for an honest review of this book by the author, Francesca Quarto, who lives nearby!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wolf Master of Iron Mountain (The Witch of Appalachia Book 1) by [Quarto, Francesca]
At 189 pages, this is a fast read.  I had a hard time putting it down.  Creepy and engrossing.

In general, I don't often read books with a supernatural theme, but the Witch of Appalachia series intrigued me.  (And I'm on kind of an Appalachian kick right now.)

I was pleasantly surprised!  There are some minor issues that could have been rectified by more careful proofreading, BUT...  I thoroughly enjoyed the story and the characters.  It's a short book, and I think it could/should have been longer, but again, I really enjoyed it.

Cathleen comes from an Irish clan of Celtic mages.  She buys a radio station in an isolated mountain town where over several decades, people from the town have been murdered and visitors have disappeared.  With the sheriff, Cathleen tries to uncover the secrets casting a dark cloud over the town.


No comments:

Post a Comment