Friday, July 13, 2018

DONE (A Five-Minute Friday Post)

Seven months ago, I said, “Stick a fork in me - I’m DONE!”

I retired.  I was DONE with it all.  I was DONE with my so-called career.  I was DONE with working for someone else.  I thought I wanted a career; turns out I just wanted the paychecks.

People ask me what I do, and my answer is whatever I want!

Well, that might not be completely accurate, but it’s close!  I can choose what to do, when to do it, whether to do it, how to do it, and how much of it to do.  I can pace myself.  If I’m tired, I can stop.  I can even take a nap!  Try doing that at work!

The important thing is, yes, I'm DONE with working, but that ending means I can begin to find the way to my best life - physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.  It's a new and exciting adventure!

--------------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the Five-Minute Friday link-up.  Today's writing prompt was "DONE."  For more information on Five-Minute Friday, click here.

4 comments:

  1. I appreciate the reminder that the end of one season can be the beginning of our best season, to date. Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You know what they say, when God closes one door, he opens another. Too, when you graduate from high school or college, the ceremony is called "commencement" - a beginning!

      Delete
  2. Ha, yes! Love your take on the word!! I used it in the opposite sense... "we're not done"! Stop by when you get a chance (#52)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutey right! I'm done with my career, but I'm not done - not by a long shot!!! THANKS!!!

      Delete