Saturday, July 21, 2018

My Third Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Box - What I Got

Another CSA box from Teter Organic Farm!

This week we received zucchini or yellow squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, red onions, carrots, and scallions!

There were actually two containers of cherry tomatoes, but I traded them for some zucchini.  I haven't had a chance to do much with them yet because I left to visit my sister a few days after picking up the box.

However, I DID make zucchini bread (again) and refrigerator pickles - watch for recipes on Wednesdays!  I also ate some steamed zucchini with butter - simple, but oh, so tasty!  It's easy to overcook, though. 

I've been trying to eat up the cherry tomatoes, but there are SO MANY.  That's the way cherry tomatoes are - prolific.  I haven't grown them in years because there was a year I had ONE plant, and for the following several years I had volunteers all over the garden.  It doesn't take a green thumb to grow cherry tomatoes!

When I return from Kentucky, I'll start feasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment