Tuesday, July 10, 2018

My Second Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Box - What I Got

I neglected to take a picture of my second CSA box - sorry!

This time I got scallions, more zucchini, spring onions, cherry tomatoes, roma tomatoes, and cucumbers.  I passed on kale (traded for extra zucchini and roma tomatoes) because I still had some left from the previous box.

I sliced up the largest of the tomatoes for bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches.  I made zucchini bread (YUM).  I sliced up the cucumbers, chopped up the largest onion, and made refrigerator pickles.  We ate some of the cherry tomatoes with a meal as a salad.  Another roma tomato was chopped up for burrito garnish.   I made wilted lettuce again, using some of the scallions, chopped kale from the first CSA box, and store-bought lettuce.  The rest of the tomatoes and some basil went toward caprese salad, one of my favorite summer treats.

I expect I'll roast zucchini again - there's so much of it - LOL!  And I'll probably make ratatouille, since I haven't, yet, from the CSA zucchinis.  Maybe some pickles, too.

It's been fun so far!  I'm looking forward to the next installment this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment