Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Easy Beef and Onion Cheese Ball (A Quick and Easy Recipe)

New Year's Eve is almost here, and it's holiday party time!  I made this cheese ball recently just for the heck of it, and took it to my writing group.  They raved.  They said I could bring another one anytime.  They ate the whole thing - it's gone!  I'm going to make it again soon - just to have at home.  YUM!

Easy Beef and Onion Cheese Ball

8 oz cream cheese, softened
3 green onions, thinly sliced or chopped
2 1/2 oz dried beef (or chipped beef)
1/2 t celery salt
1 1/2 t Worchestershire sauce
1 c chopped pecans

Mix all ingredients, except pecans, together well.  Form into a ball, roll in the pecans until completely covered.  Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.

NOTE:  I used my stand mixer to make this recipe, but it's not at all necessary if the cream cheese is softened.  Maybe if you were making a BIG cheese ball or a bunch of them in a bigger batch.


No comments:

Post a Comment