Monday, December 24, 2018

Toys in the Kitchen - Part 2

This time, when I say "toys," I mean, literally, TOYS.

When you were a kid, did you ever have one of those little toy potholder looms?  You know, with the stretchy loops.  I remember getting one for Christmas.  The so-called "potholders" made on the seven-inch looms always ended up so small, nobody could ever seriously consider using them as potholders.

I was rooting through one of the kitchen drawers and came across two of the finished products from one of those looms.  I couldn't tell you whether they were made by The Boy or The Girl, but there they were!  They've obviously been in there a long time because the younger of the two is "pushing thirty," poor thing.

What I was searching for in that drawer was a coaster.  I spied these ancient, diminutive potholders, and I had a revelation - they are the perfect size for coasters!

One of my "new" coasters.
So now these poor, neglected objects have a useful purpose!

And I want to run out and buy myself a potholder loom and make some more coasters.  I'm such a child.

Have you ever discovered a use for something that originally seemed doomed to forever languish in the junk drawer like my "potholders?"

No comments:

Post a Comment