Monday, January 14, 2019

UFO Sighting! (In My House)

I rearranged my craft closet a couple of months ago, and during the excavation activities, I uncovered evidence of several UFOs.

That closet is sort of my own personal Area 51.  Nothing to do with extraterrestrials, however; the UFOs are UnFinished Objects.

I found a pair of socks I'd mysteriously abandoned, some crochet projects (including a large lace bedspread), and assorted counted cross stitch items.  All begun, none finished.

I have a problem with enthusiastically starting a project, then jumping to another before the first one is done.  Thus, all these half-finished THINGS languishing in the craft closet.

So one of my goals for the new year is to find ALL the UFOs in the house and work on them, one at a time (here's the key!) until each one is DONE.

There are some rules:

1.  Work on only ONE project at a time.

2.  Don't start on another UFO until the current one is completed.

3.  Don't start any NEW projects until all the UFOs are done.

4.  Don't buy any more crafty materials/kits/equipment until all the UFOs are done.

I did finish the socks this past weekend.  I discovered that I had stopped because I'd dropped some stitches (the knitter's nightmare!) and didn't have the patience at the time to fix them.

So, one down, and an unknown number to go!

2 comments:

  1. I love your use of words, not the usual context, like languishing and excavation. Go, Ruth! You are supported in your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a lot like my depth year where I dive deeper, not wider into things I have already tried or started, instead of constantly trying new things. You are off to a great start and the socks are awesome!

    ReplyDelete