Thursday, January 24, 2019

I Made the Marley Cardi Sweater!

That Girl found a sweater pattern online she liked and dropped some not-so-subtle hints, so I spent a few weeks of intense crocheting and finished it New Year's Eve.  A slightly late Christmas present.

The pattern is called the Marley Cardi and can be found on Ravelry or here.

Usually, I prefer knitted sweaters to crocheted, but this one looked great, and it's what That Girl wanted.  It's crocheted holding worsted weight yarn and standard (#10) crochet thread together.  The pictures on the website showed the sweater made with white yarn and black thread, but I wasn't happy with the look - too stark or something - but it was good for the detailed close-up photos in the instructions.  I used gray yarn and white thread instead, and we were super happy with the results!

That Girl is tall and wanted it to be longer than shown online, so I needed to buy more yarn and thread than the pattern called for, but not much.  Because it's loosely crocheted, it worked up quickly, is soft, and drapes nicely.  So, maybe my prejudice against crocheted sweaters is unfounded!

Now she's found some yarn and wants a pair of socks.  Heavy sigh.  Oh well!  Guess I'd better get busy - LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment