Wednesday, January 30, 2019

CONVENIENT (A Five-Minute Friday Post)

When I got home from the hospital after my knee replacement, I had to set up a sort of command center - a place I could spend most of the day where everything would be convenient for me to reach.  So the recliner became my base of operations.

I've spent most of the past two weeks ensconced on my comfortable throne, cable remote, cryo-cuff, cold drinks, and rehab exercise instructions conveniently at hand.

That Man did a great job getting me through that initial time home.

"Please fill my cryo-cuff!"

"I'd like Taco Bell for lunch."

"How about KFC?"

"Could you bring me the walker?"

"I need a Coke."

So demanding!!!  But he has fetched and carried and driven me to a doctor appointment and several physical therapy sessions so far.  Not to mention his attentiveness at the hospital!  I'm supposed to be doing a lot more for myself now, so he's gone back to work.  It was really convenient to have him home the past couple of weeks.  Plus, I miss his company.

I still have control of the recliner, though, so that will have to be my consolation for now!

1 comment:

  1. How lucky you are that it was convenient for your hubby to be around a for a while to help you out and that he was willing to do so. FMF #55 this week, sneaking in under the wire right behind you!

    ReplyDelete