Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Tomato Sandwich - A CSA Box "Recipe"

Tomato Sandwich

1 Tomato, thickly sliced
Bread, white
Duke's mayonnaise
Salt

This isn't much of a recipe, is it???  But plenty of people have never heard of, much less had, a tomato sandwich!

First you need is a large, ripe, slicing tomato.  Slices should be about a half inch thick.

Next you need white bread.  Squishy white bread.  Something along the lines of  Wonder Bread or Sunbeam Giant Bread.  Don't cheat and toast it!

What really makes it is the mayonnaise.  Now, until recently, I was NOT a fan of mayonnaise.  I didn't like the taste.  I preferred (gasp!) Miracle Whip.  Then I discovered Duke's.  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  I've read several books set in the south, and anytime mayo is mentioned, it's Duke's.  Never just mayonnaise.  DUKE'S mayonnaise.

Anyway, slather it on.  Don't be stingy!

Salt that tomato!

Assemble that sandwich!

Eat it!

YUM!!!



4 comments:

  1. I'm sure it is delicious, but I have texture issues with tomatoes (and so many other fruits). Salsa is about as close as I come to eating a tomato.
    My mom used to cut tomatoes from the top down and not quite all the way through so it resembled a blooming flower and serve tuna salad in the middle of it. It was pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or cottage cheese! Or chicken salad! I haven't done that in ages. Great idea!

      Delete
  2. It's just missing a thick slice of raw onion! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great, except raw onions and I don't get along too well - LOL!

      Delete