Tuesday, August 28, 2018

My Sixth Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Box - What I Got

This week, the CSA distributed tomatoes, red onions, more new potatoes (YAY!), radishes (meh), carrots, cherry tomatoes (again, meh), and assorted sweet peppers.  I really enjoyed my new potatoes last time - I roasted them in the oven, and they were delicious! 

I left the cherry tomatoes and radishes to be donated to a local food pantry.  Radishes and I don’t get along very well, and I just can’t bear to eat another cherry tomato!  I’m all cherry tomato-ed out. 

I have lots of my own tomatoes, too, because my five volunteer plants have kept pace with the three intentional plants’ production, so I’m pretty well covered up with tomatoes!  I've given away several bags of the red scourge, and I’m considering making and canning stewed tomatoes.  That would use up the tomatoes, some of the onions, and some of the peppers.  I’m definitely going to chop up the onions I don’t need for the stewed tomatoes and freeze them.   I use chopped onions all winter for chili, soups, sloppy joes, and other yummy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment