Friday, August 14, 2020

More Watercolor Fun!

When I was a kid, about 11 years old, my aunt Thelma gave me a coloring book of pictures of national parks and a big tin of watercolors.  I remember it had a picture of Mesa Verde on the cover, and the tin must have had thirty or forty little pans of paint and a brush.  I LOVED that gift!

I got to thinking about those paints and that coloring book, and decided to order some national parks coloring books (yes, that's plural!) and the first one arrived last weekend. I sat down with my cheapo Crayola paints and played with the first picture. I used too much water and the paints bled through to the other side of the thin paper - rats.  But there's no picture there so that's okay.

The Crayola paints didn't do too badly, did they?


I used watercolor pencils on the second picture, then "activated" them today with water and a brush. The colors became way more vibrant after the water! I didn't use as much water for that picture, so there wasn't any bleed-through.  Anyway, it was fun!  I'll be experimenting some more.

Here are the watercolor pencil pictures before and after adding water.



No comments:

Post a Comment