Monday, August 10, 2020

more teeny tiny watercolor fun!

I'm working on my watercolors again!  Back to the artist's paints.  

A lot of the painting I'm doing right now is mainly just exercises.  I section my block of watercolor paper with artist's masking tape and do the exercises/practice in smaller rectangles.  I practice brushstrokes and different techniques and materials.

I always start out with washes - flat and graduated, wet in wet, wet on dry, single and multiple colors.  Some are better than others - it's just practice, after all (and I need a LOT of it!) - but it's fun.


My skies always need work, so I was practicing that the other day, and when I was done, a couple of them begged to be turned into little scenes.  Again, nothing exciting, but FUN.  

Not my best rendering of a sailboat.
Just playin' around with the exercise.


I kind of like this one.
Again, just playin' around with paints.


I'm having FUN and experimenting with the paint for now.  There ARE some things I'm planning to make into "real" pictures.  Just need some guts to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment