Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Curried Chicken Salad

There used to be a place in downtown Indianapolis called The Educated Sandwich where a group of us often walked for lunch, and one of my favorites was their Curried Chicken Salad Sandwich.  They only had it occasionally, so after searching a while, I found a recipe that pretty much duplicates the spicy-savory-sweet goodness I loved.  I couldn't just WAIT until they decided to make it, right?

When I was a kid, my mom used to pack the little boxes of SunMaid raisins in our lunches, and I always ate them all.  Then we'd blow into the box through the top to make a kazoo-like noise!  I don't know when I started picking them out of my food, but there you are.  I leave them out of this recipe because I don't like their texture when they're included in a recipe and partially rehydrate, but that's my personal weirdness.


Curried Chicken Salad (6 servings)

3/4 c mayonnaise or Miracle Whip

2 T curry powder

1 lb cooked, cubed chicken breast

1 large apple, cored and chopped

1 1/2 chopped celery (about 4 ribs)

1/3 c raisins (optional)

1/4 c green onion, chopped

Mix the mayonnaise and curry powder together, then stir in the remaining ingredients.  Refrigerate overnight before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment