Monday, May 25, 2020

teeny tiny watercolor fun

A couple of weeks ago I posted about how I had put away my "good" paints and paper and was learning to PLAY with a set of Crayola kid's watercolor paints (here).

I'm still PLAYING with my kid's paints, and here are my latest efforts - teeny tiny watercolors.  All but one are right around 1 inch by 2 inches, except one, which is a whopping 1 inch by 3 inches!

As you can see, I've been having BIG fun making TINY paintings!  It doesn't take much, does it?



I was playing with laying down a wash,
and then "lifting" some of the color.
Not exciting, but a pretty shade of blue!
(1" x 2")


Just seeing what happened when I dabbed
some colors onto wet paper.
(1" x 2")


Again, just dabbing some
random colors onto wet paper.
Psychadelic, man!
Groovy!
(1" x 2")


An "accidental" landscape.  Just messing around
and a sunset (sunrise?) over water appeared!
(2" x 1")


Again, just messing around with dabbing and streaking, and an
area of bare dirt appeared in the grass!  But what are those
strange magenta blotches?  LOL!
(3" x 1")

No comments:

Post a Comment