Monday, May 11, 2020

Shortages - What We're Doing (Part 2)

We've all been dealing with shortages of all sorts of everyday items for the past 8 weeks.  Just this week I finally was able to find Charmin toilet paper and Bounty paper towels - the good stuff!  Of course, for a long time it was almost impossible to find ANY toilet paper or paper towels, and it's still iffy.

It's not only things for us humans that have been scarce.  Luckily, just before all this started, I'd stocked up on cat food.  Litter, on the other hand...!  Cats are finicky about EVERYTHING.  About a year ago, the cat food I usually buy went through a packaging change, and for once, I'd waited until I HAD to buy food.  Well, I went to the store and searched the shelves.  No salmon and rice cat food.  Chicken and rice, yes.  Salmon and sweet potato, yes.  Just about every flavor BUT salmon and rice, the only flavor the cats will eat.  Oh, I was unhappy, but there wasn't much I could do.  I was already out of the preferred flavor, so we just had to make do with the chicken and rice.  The kitties were NOT happy, but they muddled through.  We finally got the right stuff, and things got back to normal.

But here we were again.  I couldn't imagine going without our normal litter.  I mean, cats are known to avoid using the litter box if the litter wasn't acceptable.  Oh, GOODY.  I tried Kroger, then Walmart, then Meijer.  Nuthin'!  We had enough for a couple of weeks, but a couple of weeks goes by awfully fast!

Then I had a brain wave - Chewy.com!  As luck would have it, Chewy.com DID have our litter (not some others, though!), so let's order some!  Well, I'm not fond of paying shipping, so when I order stuff online, I make sure I order enough to get free shipping.  I ordered the litter, got the confirmation email, and the tracking information.  We'd have litter in just three days - perfect!

When the litter arrived, it was dropped off in front of the garage instead of on the porch.  One big box.  I grabbed a box cutter to open the box and spied a mountain of cat litter!  I hauled it all inside and piled it up in the laundry room.

I don't think we're going to have to buy cat litter any time soon!!!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment