Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Oven Roasted Potatoes (A No-Brainer Recipe)

In my previous post, I mentioned I've been doing the caregiver thing.  Because the body involved has been declared homebound for the immediate future, I've been doing a lot more cooking, so I've dived into my recipe card file (yes, I'm all analog there).  I'm dredging up a bunch of Ancient Recipes and recipes I've cut out of magazines and feeding them to the guinea pigs, uh, PEOPLE, I live with.

Here's an easy one.  A real no-brainer, and CHEAP, yet it gets raves whenever I make it!


Oven Roasted Potatoes

2 1/2 - 3 lb raw potatoes washed and cut up (small red potatoes halved, russet potatoes cut into wedges)
1/4 c olive oil
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1/2 t garlic powder

In a bowl, mix the oil and seasonings, then add the potatoes and toss until well coated.  Spread in a single layer, cut side down, on a large metal lipped baking sheet (like a jelly roll pan).  Bake at 450 degrees on the lowest oven rack for 30 minutes.


The first time I made this with red skinned potatoes, just as I was putting them into the oven, one of Those People I live with said, "What ARE those things?  They look WEIRD."  I guess red-skinned potatoes were not in that one's culinary experience.  However, they were a hit, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment