Saturday, June 15, 2019

A New Season of CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) - What I Got

The first official CSA pickup was this past week, and here's what we got!

Green lettuce
Red lettuce
Kohlrabi
Radishes
Green onions

This year, it works a little differently.  Instead of showing up and picking what you want from what's available, a couple of days before the pickup day, you are emailed a list of what's going to be offered, and then choose what to pick up.  Then the price of what you choose is charged against your membership fee.  There were some weeks last year that I wasn't all that thrilled with what was on the list, so those weeks felt kind of wasted.  It's an evolving system.

Four weeks ago, we got a preview of what was to come.  LETTUCE!  It was pretty good, so I ordered some this time around.

Because I tried (and liked!) kohlrabi last year, I got some again.  They are HUGE!  And so PURPLE!  Here's how I prepared them last year.  They went over really well.

That Man likes radishes, so I got some especially for him.  I probably should have gotten an extra bunch.

Green onions go into a lot of things.  Hmmmm...  Maybe I should have gotten an extra bunch of those, too.

Anyway, it's another season of fresh veggies from the church's organic farm - YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment