Monday, April 9, 2018

I'VE LOST IT!

The Culprit
I had one of THOSE days. An annoying, frustrating, panicky day.

An "I think I'm losing my mind" day.

I was going out to run errands, so I gathered up all the necessary STUFF I haul along - a coat, the
phone, the list, the wallet...

THE WALLET.

WHERE IS THE WALLET?

Is there a worse feeling than not being able to locate one of the two items that literally hold all your life - the phone or the WALLET?

Where is it?

It's not in the car. It's not on the washer. It's not on the kitchen table. It's not on the kitchen counter. It's not in my purse. It's not on the end table. It's not on the nightstand. It's not on the bed. It's not on the cedar chest. It's not on the dresser. It's not by the bathroom sink (a desperate try, that one).

Where-is-it-where-is-it-where-is-it-where-is-it?

I had it last night. I paid. I put it back in my bag. But then what? Did I have it in the car? In the house? In the laundry room? In the kitchen? In the living room? In the bedroom?

I DON'T REMEMBER.

Whereisitwhereisitwhereisitwhereisit?

I moved everything in the car. I looked on all the seats. I looked under all the seats. I looked in the console. I looked back by the liftgate. Three times.

Whereisitwhereisitwhereisitwhereisit?

I searched the kitchen counter and table. Four times.

Whereisitwhereisitwhereisitwhereisit?

I went through my purse and assorted project tote bags in the bedroom (maybe I threw it in the wrong one accidentally). Five times.

Whereisitwhereisitwhereisitwhereisit?

I went through the car again - this time with a flashlight.

Whereisitwhereisitwhereisitwhereisit?

Panic reigned supreme. I was running in circles, physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Whereisitwhereisitwhereisitwhereisit?

It made no sense. WHERE DID I PUT IT? It HAS to be here!

Whereisitwhereisitwhereisitwhereisit?

I don't want to replace my credit and debit cards, library cards, driver's license, my other licenses, gift cards, and all that.

Whereisitwhereisitwhereisitwhereisit?

ONE LAST TRY.

I went into the bedroom and looked in a basket on the cedar chest. Not there. I moved a piece of cardboard and...

THERE IT IS!

Hours and hours of worry, turmoil, pounding heart, and utter panic, and there it sat, almost in plain sight.

Good grief.

I'm exhausted.

I'm too old for this.

2 comments:

  1. You know, FlyLady would say you need a LaunchPad. Glad you found it but sorry for the mental stress you had to go through to get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I do have a launch pad, but I had put the wallet someplace I put things to take downstairs and TO the launch pad! What a day!

      Delete