Friday, April 6, 2018

RELEASE (A Five-Minute Friday Post)

"Please release me, let me go..."

That's what I said to my so-called career in December.  I retired.  I was released from my position.  I was released from the obligation to show up and give my time to a big organization.  I was released from the bondage of a paycheck. I was released to my new life, and I've been loving it!

I thought it would be like permanent summer vacation, but there is so much to do and to accomplish, I feel like I'm busier now than when I was working.  It's not quite what I expected, but it's not a bad thing!

I still have obligations, but they are obligations I've chosen - like helping take care of the chickens at my church's organic farm, singing in the choir, and playing handbells.  I've taken classes - some are artsy-fartsy, some are technology driven, some are about genealogy, and some are just for the heck of it!  I'm learning all sorts of things.

And I'm working on the house.  There are so many things I've put off doing for YEARS, and by golly, I'm attacking them!  Decluttering!  Repairs!  Improvements!  I'm releasing the unnecessary STUFF that has filled the house and gotten in the way.  I'm releasing the broken STUFF and getting things fixed.  I'm releasing the old STUFF that was good enough for a while, and upgrading things a bit. 

All in all, I'm releasing what hasn't worked so far, and figuring out what does!

Release is a relief!

--------------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the Five-Minute Friday link-up.  Today's writing prompt was "RELEASE."  For more information on Five-Minute Friday, click here.

1 comment: