Friday, March 9, 2018

TIRED! (A Five-Minute Friday Post)

I'm TIRED -  mentally, emotionally, and physically.

That Girl and her husband are buying a house and she constantly calls with questions, updates, ramblings, yadda, yadda, yadda.  My ears are tired!!!

I've just arrived in Florida.  I drove the whole way from Indiana over the course of two days.  My behind is tired!!!  And my legs are tired - of not moving!  On the way down, a truck threw a rock into my windshield, so now I have to think about taking care of THAT when I get home.  My brain is tired!

That Man is racing this weekend and next, and he's having all kinds of issues and he keeps texting me - my eyes and thumbs are tired!!!  He'll be joining me here tomorrow - YAY!  I know he'll be tired, too.

Right now, there is so much going on in our lives that it's hard to NOT be tired.

You'd think with my having recently re-TIRED that I wouldn't BE tired, but right now I AM.

Part of it is that I'm way busier than I expected to be.  There's not as much downtime as you'd think.

I got a chance to see my sister and my niece, and my cousin and his wife, on the way here.  So that slowed down my travel, but it gave me some MUCH needed time out of the driver's seat.  Those were nice breaks.

When I was working full time, I was REALLY tired.  Tired of commuting to my office, tired of not having any time to accomplish things in the evening, tired of not having much energy to do even fun things.  Just plain TIRED.  And I was too tired to even sleep well.  That's definitely unexpected!  Thoughts would circle my brain, doing laps and laps and laps like race cars at the Indy 500.  Nothing got decided or resolved, but the thoughts just kept racing around and around.

When the kids were young, I was plenty tired.  Working full time, playing Mom-taxi, teaching Sunday School, leading Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts, and all the other things parents do for their kids.

At least all these tireds I have are ONLY TEMPORARY!

--------------------------------------------------------------

This post is my first for the Five-Minute Friday link-up.  Today's writing prompt was "TIRED."  For more information on Five-Minute Friday, click here.

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate. So thankful that some of my tireds are only temporary. Stopped in from #8 at the FMF this week.

    ReplyDelete