Tuesday, April 6, 2021

#ArtWorkLivingChallenge 2021 - Day Two! - Simplify!

Well, here's the Day Two painting for the #ArtWorkLivingChallenge - better than Day One's, in my opinion.  I chose a simpler subject - none
of those darned TREES to get lost in!  Foliage is my kryptonite, I guess.

This is a shed we used to pass every time we'd go north to visit That Man's mom.  There's just something about the building.  I've NEVER seen the doors open or any people or machinery near it - always alone in that field, but it never seems to deteriorate.  It's a mystery to me.

If  I were "allowed" to paint this picture the way I want to (I mean for a real, finished painting - not just a quick and dirty study like this), the composition would be WAY different.  But this took me just over 15 minutes and it's an improvement over the previous day's attempt.

Just a side note:  For reference materials for the challenge, I'm using photos I've taken locally.  If you're from my area, you'd probably recognize Day One's subject.  Not so much this one, though, I bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment