Monday, April 5, 2021

#ArtWorkLivingChallenge 2021 - Day One! - Embracing Failure!

I joined a short (five-day) painting challenge, and today is the first day.  The goal is to paint a SMALL picture each day in about 15 - 20 minutes.  No more!  The point is not a great picture, but establishing a daily painting habit, and to EMBRACE FAILURE!

Well, I've certainly accomplished THAT today - LOL!

The covered bridge isn't bad, but I somehow got lost in the trees to the left.  Kind of overworked.  Oh well.  It could be worse - I think!

Anyway, for people who care about that kind of thing, this is watercolor on Canson XL 140-lb watercolor paper.  CHEAP watercolor paper (wood pulp, no cotton) that I'm trying to use up before going 100% cotton.

One of the requirements of the challenge is to post the day's picture on your blog, so here it is.  You can expect to be tortured by four more this week.  I hope they won't offend anyone's refined artistic sensibilities too much.  So...  Apologies in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment