Monday, April 15, 2019

New Year, New Knee (Part 3)

Our primary election is coming up, and we're lucky to be able to vote early the four weeks before the official day.  I was planning to be out running errands anyway, so I figured I'd go vote, too, and get it over with.  Efficiency!

I parked on the street and headed into the county courthouse.   I emptied my pockets into one of the dog dishes on the x-ray machine's conveyor belt.  The nice sheriff's deputy motioned me forward.

I stepped through the metal detector and about jumped out of my skin - the ALARM!

I patted all my pockets - what had I missed???

I turned around and looked at the deputy.  He said, "Do you have knees?" and I laughed. 

PROOF.

They really DID give me a new knee.  The x-rays were real!  What a concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment