Friday, June 8, 2018

FLY (A Five-Minute Friday post)

I know flying is usually done up in the air with wings, and flying can mean moving rapidly or running away (fleeing), but when I think of flying, I immediately think about home maintenance!
You say, what does home maintenance have to do with flying? Well, I've been one of FlyLady's FlyBabies since September 7, 2001. Yes, that's right - four days before 9/11. FlyLady helped me deal with the horror of that time by giving me something else to focus on - the mess in my house.

FlyLady is Marla Cilley, and her website, FlyLady.net is how I learned to keep my house in (better) order by decluttering and following a cleaning/maintenance schedule.  You establish daily routines (morning, afternoon and evening), then move on to working in your "zones."  The house is broken down into five zones that you concentrate on each week of the month.  If you don't get to it this month, then tackle it next month. There is no catching up - you just jump in wherever you are in the schedule.

Learning to "fly" means I don't get overwhelmed by all the things I feel I HAVE to do right now. It's not about perfection; it's all about progress.

So I'm flying through my housework, and making progress with "baby steps." If you want to check out her system (it's FREE), click here.

-------------------------------------------------------------

This post is part of the Five-Minute Friday link-up.  Today's writing prompt was "FLY."  For more information on Five-Minute Friday, click here.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool way to approach home duties! Thanks for sharing this.

    #2 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2018/06/your-dying-spouse-482-ill-cry-tomorrow.html

    ReplyDelete