Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Might Be a Real Runner!

I had an odd experience Friday night.  I was driving home after seeing "The Help" with a friend (BIG recommendation!) and suddenly thought how I'd like to go for a run when I got home.

It was 10:30 at night.  I'd already run four miles early that morning.  It hadn't gone very well, either.

Yet, there I was, thinking what a great time for a run.

WEIRD.

I really enjoy Jeff Foxworthy and his "you might be a redneck" humor, so here's my take on it:

If you write the date in your new shoes so you know when to replace them, you might be a runner.
If you number your socks so you know that both in the pair will wear the same, you might be a runner.
If you plan your schedule around races and training runs, you might be a runner.
If you have Body Glide stashed in three or more places in your house, you might be a runner.
If you like the smell of Body Glide, you might be a runner.
If you watch the New York Marathon on television, you might be a runner.
If you know the IT band isn't a music group, you might be a runner.
If you stretch your Achilles tendons while you're on an escalator, you might be a runner.
If you know what Badwater is, you might be a runner.
If you know what Leadville is, you might be a runner.
If you think about running late at night after already running earlier in the day...

Well, you get the idea.

Here's a place you can go to see some more of "You Might Be a Runner If..."
http://www.runningintheusa.com/More/YouMightBeARunner.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment