Thursday, September 8, 2011

Back to the Treadmill

I am officially a wimp.  The weather has gotten to me.  We're in the middle of a nasty, misty, drizzly spell, and I REALLY don't like to go out in it.

Oh, how bad can it be you ask.  Well, the morning temperatures this week have hovered at around 50 degrees.  Not a bad temperature for running - in fact, just about perfect.  As long as it's DRY. And no wind.  Hmmmmmm...

I did run Tuesday.  Fifty degrees.  Dry.  But a headwind.  Both directions!  How can that possible BE???  But it was.

My hands were cold.  My ears were cold.  I never felt quite loose and warmed up.

And now I have a cold.  UGH.

But at least I had enough sense yesterday to NOT run outside.  It was 50 degrees and windy again, and drizzly  Perfect weather for hypothermia!.  So I went back inside and rode the stationary bicycle.

This morning was a weather rerun of yesterday, plus a little sore throat thrown in for good measure.  So I made ugly faces out the window and got on the treadmill.  Oh, how I hate the thought of the treadmill!  But you know, once I'm on it (with the TV turned on, of course!) it's not so bad.

Isn't that the way it is with most things you're dreading?  The thought of doing them is much worse than doing them.  Some day I might actually believe that!

No comments:

Post a Comment