Thursday, October 15, 2020

Watercolor Redux - An Autumn Leaf Study

I've been playing with my watercolors again!

The watercolor study.
Our front yard is completely carpeted with maple leaves.  I went out, picked up and examined some leaves, looking for color and curl, and finally chose one.

The chosen leaf!
The original leaf.
I sat down with my trusty mechanical pencil and sketched the chosen leaf, then mixed up some watercolors and applied a series of washes over the sketch.  

I'm pretty happy with the result!  

I haven't done any botanicals until now.  I may do some more to see whether this was a fluke.

Plenty of leaves to choose from!





2 comments:

  1. That is truly amazing! You're quite the artist, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This came out WAY better than expected and I was pleasantly surprised - REALLY surprised - LOL!

      Delete