Friday, July 10, 2020

I Almost Made a Spectacle of Myself!

Well, maybe I didn't make a spectacle of myself, but I could have! 

Upon getting into the car for a foraging trip, I pulled my sunglasses out of their case, unfolded them, and the left temple piece came off in my hand, while the hinge pin fell into my lap.  I felt it, but I couldn't see it until I got out of the seat and searched around.  The pin went back into the hinge easily, and I found a tiny screwdriver to tighten it up.

All fixed - YAY!

The next morning I got up and started to put on my regular glasses and they BROKE right in the
center of the bridge.  What the heck???  I haven't broken anything on my glasses for YEARS (1982-ish?) - so how come I've had TWO incidents in two days???  And I've only had these glasses (both of them!) since mid-September!

Thank heaven I still have my old glasses to wear and the broken glasses were covered by a protection plan, so the frames can be replaced at no additional cost to me, but the question is will they still have the same style of frames I bought?  And if not, will they have any frames that will fit my lenses?  I'll find out on Monday.

I guess we will SEE what we SEE when we SEE it!  Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you can still see and didn't make a spectacle of yourself!

    ReplyDelete