Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Quick "Lasagna" (From Mom's Recipe Card File)

I've been browsing my recipe cards, and came across something Mom used to make when I was a kid.  I always loved it, but I'd forgotten about it after learning how to make "real" lasagna.  It's most definitely not even close to real lasagna, but it doesn't have to be real to taste good, right?


Quick "Lasagna"

1 lb  ground beef
14 oz tomato-based pasta sauce
8 oz egg noodles (CHEAPO ones, not the nice thick homemade style ones!)
8 oz cream cheese
1 c cottage cheese
1/2 c sour cream
3 green onions, sliced
2 T bell pepper, chopped (any color you prefer)

Brown ground beef.  Add pasta sauce and heat thoroughly.  While the meat sauce is heating up, cook the noodles as directed on the package, and drain.  In a bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients, then add the noodles and mix well.

Spray a 3-quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.  Put the noodle mixture in the dish, then top with the meat mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.


I serve this with a salad and dinner rolls.

2 comments:

  1. Well, then, what IS real lasagna?
    This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Real" lasagna is definitely different - it's layers of sauce, wide lasagna pasta noodles (not egg noodles), meat, and cheese, repeated three or four times. I'll probably post my recipe for it next time I make it (after all, I need to take a picture before I can post - LOL!).

      Delete