Monday, August 13, 2012

It's True Confession Time!


I have a confession.

The Girl came home this past weekend to go racing with That Man.  She stayed Thursday night and Saturday night, and then headed back north to Lafayette. 

I was going to put clean sheets on her bed, but she’s only slept on them twice.  So, I threw back the covers Wednesday night, sprayed everything with Febreeze, and pulled all the sheets tight!  

Cheater! 

I felt guilty about that.  WHY???  What the heck did I do that was so terribly WRONG?

I've been cogitating on it, and it hit me that my mom would have changed the sheets right away, and, of course, I have to live up to her housekeeping standards.  Why THIS one?  What about all the others I flout all the time?  But it's a Mom rule.  Change the guest bed sheets every time.

It was just so WEIRD.  There was this flood of guilt...for all of 2 minutes, and then I felt FREE OF THE EXPECTATIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE! 

I’ll wash them this week since she’s slept on them two more times. 

Really I will. 

Right. 

This week.

(And Now She Knows - HA!)

No comments:

Post a Comment